I believe I would look something like this....

Not to say that I'm not a fat guy...actually I am a pretty fat load. Just that drumming has definitely help in keeping from getting obese.
A style or a particular genre of music has definitely kept me drumming in order to say from getting obese. Metal!
I have been more inclined into listening to really heavy and fast music because of it. And I really enjoy the satisfaction of drumming till my whole shirt is covered in sweat.
I know most people cannot stand the sound of the vocalist growling and the noise coming from the electric guitar, but I have somehow grown to enjoy countless styles of music including Metal (with the exception of black metal [music that have Satanic lyrics])
For those who cant appreciate Metal or do not want to know anymore more about it, you may now leave this page. If not, feel free to read on.
_____________________________________________________________
And for most drummers who wants to know how did I become so fast in my drumming....there's your answer...listen to more Metal and drum along to it. But of course, read the lyrics first before you get into it. So, no Slayer, no Behemoth, no Vital Remains, and basically others which I am not comfortable naming.
But for those who wants to go really fast without having to listen to any black metal, do check out bands like Demon Hunter, Becoming the Archetype, Underoath, and As I lay Dying. (all Christian bands by the way)
Ofcourse there are also some non-Christians bands that dont have Satanic lyrics such as Nile, Necrophagist, Obscura, and the ever famous symphonic power metal band "Rhapsody." Though I might not recommend Rhapsody unless you just want to have a good laugh...
So yea, if you're free, do check them out.
This guy would pretty much sum up why I am currently playing so much metal.
No comments:
Post a Comment