
Let me take you back to the year 2004, there was a Thailand horror movie by the name of Shutter was made. The first time I saw it being previewed in the theaters really freaked me out! But at the time, I kindda like to watch horror movies but hated most of it because of poor storyline or the fact that the killers/ghosts or whatever that wants to kill the victims usually have no motive and they just do it just because they feel like it! (Kindda makes it the biggest "suck" factor in horror movies)
But when I watched the movie, it really surprised me in that there is a very interesting plot! Something that I never thought a horror movie would have. "For those who hasn't watch and wants to watch, spoiler ahead."
*Spoiler*
The story starts off with a professional photographer, his girlfriend and a bunch of close friends having a very merry time. Later that night, the photographer was driving along with his girlfriend and suddenly banged a girl. Frightened, the couple just ran off. As the days passed, they began encountering a lot of extra terrestrial things occurring when the guy takes pictures. Realizing that there is some spirit/girl that keeps on appearing in the photos. The girlfriend starts to investigate and later found out that the girl was a very shy girl that attended the same college as his boyfriend.
Later on, the guy admits that he used to have a relationship with the girl but the girl threatened to commit suicide if they broke off. Since then, he has never seen her and has been haunted by the girl/spirit. The couple then went to a house that belonged to the mother of the girl/spirit. To their shock, they found the dead belong lying on the bed. Realizing that this could be the reason of their haunting, they've convinced the mother to give her a proper cremation.
However, when they returned back home. The girlfriend collected some photographs, some of it showing their apartment with the spirit indicating that there is something in a bookcase in the apartment. With extreme chills and curiosity, she found a bunch of negatives (photos that have not been developed.) When she developed the photos, to her shock, she saw pictures of his boyfriend's friends sexually assaulting the girl that has been haunting them. Realizing all the lies and betrayal, the girlfriend finally leaves the photographer.
Realizing that the photographer is still being haunted by the girl, he begins taking photos of his apartment in an attempt to find her. Having no success, he throws the camera across the room which takes a picture of him. When he took a look at the photo, he saw the girl/spirit was on his shoulders. In an attempt to escape, he jumps off his apartment.
However, He survives the fall. The girlfriends visits him in the hospital. As the door to his room swings shut, his reflection can be seen in the glass with the spirit still sitting on his shoulders.
________________________________________________________________
The movie still gives me chills but in the end I had to give the movie a 2 thumbs up in succeeding what most horror movies fail, having a good storyline and at the same time scary and unpredictable. It was what I considered as the best horror movie. But in 2008, there was an American remake of it.
I thought wow! The movie was so good that they actually had Americans remaking it! Although it was exciting, I never got the chance to watch it...until today and 2AM in the morning when I couldn't sleep. (Yea, watching a horror movie in the late night alone...pretty scary.) At first I was a little reluctant to watch it, but I watched it anyway. (laughs) To my disappointment, this was not a good as the original. The story was changed, no longer in Thailand but in Japan, the actors were not as convincing.
And the biggest disappointment of all... the girl was not even scary... in fact, I spent the whole time thinking why in the world did they pick a hot Japanese chick as the ghost!?!?!?! Seriously, it just made me think, "hey, that girl looks cute! Even though they put freaky make up on her but she still looks hot! It's like from a cute Japanese chick to a hot gothic Japanese chick." (LAUGHS)
This is her (Megumi Okina) in the movie... not that pretty, but still not scary...
This is Megumi Okina in real life.... HOT or WHAT??!? (laughs)
But in the end, I'll give the American version a thumbs up for trying. And for having the hot actress =p
But when I watched the movie, it really surprised me in that there is a very interesting plot! Something that I never thought a horror movie would have. "For those who hasn't watch and wants to watch, spoiler ahead."
*Spoiler*
The story starts off with a professional photographer, his girlfriend and a bunch of close friends having a very merry time. Later that night, the photographer was driving along with his girlfriend and suddenly banged a girl. Frightened, the couple just ran off. As the days passed, they began encountering a lot of extra terrestrial things occurring when the guy takes pictures. Realizing that there is some spirit/girl that keeps on appearing in the photos. The girlfriend starts to investigate and later found out that the girl was a very shy girl that attended the same college as his boyfriend.
Later on, the guy admits that he used to have a relationship with the girl but the girl threatened to commit suicide if they broke off. Since then, he has never seen her and has been haunted by the girl/spirit. The couple then went to a house that belonged to the mother of the girl/spirit. To their shock, they found the dead belong lying on the bed. Realizing that this could be the reason of their haunting, they've convinced the mother to give her a proper cremation.
However, when they returned back home. The girlfriend collected some photographs, some of it showing their apartment with the spirit indicating that there is something in a bookcase in the apartment. With extreme chills and curiosity, she found a bunch of negatives (photos that have not been developed.) When she developed the photos, to her shock, she saw pictures of his boyfriend's friends sexually assaulting the girl that has been haunting them. Realizing all the lies and betrayal, the girlfriend finally leaves the photographer.
Realizing that the photographer is still being haunted by the girl, he begins taking photos of his apartment in an attempt to find her. Having no success, he throws the camera across the room which takes a picture of him. When he took a look at the photo, he saw the girl/spirit was on his shoulders. In an attempt to escape, he jumps off his apartment.
However, He survives the fall. The girlfriends visits him in the hospital. As the door to his room swings shut, his reflection can be seen in the glass with the spirit still sitting on his shoulders.
________________________________________________________________
The movie still gives me chills but in the end I had to give the movie a 2 thumbs up in succeeding what most horror movies fail, having a good storyline and at the same time scary and unpredictable. It was what I considered as the best horror movie. But in 2008, there was an American remake of it.
I thought wow! The movie was so good that they actually had Americans remaking it! Although it was exciting, I never got the chance to watch it...until today and 2AM in the morning when I couldn't sleep. (Yea, watching a horror movie in the late night alone...pretty scary.) At first I was a little reluctant to watch it, but I watched it anyway. (laughs) To my disappointment, this was not a good as the original. The story was changed, no longer in Thailand but in Japan, the actors were not as convincing.And the biggest disappointment of all... the girl was not even scary... in fact, I spent the whole time thinking why in the world did they pick a hot Japanese chick as the ghost!?!?!?! Seriously, it just made me think, "hey, that girl looks cute! Even though they put freaky make up on her but she still looks hot! It's like from a cute Japanese chick to a hot gothic Japanese chick." (LAUGHS)
This is her (Megumi Okina) in the movie... not that pretty, but still not scary...
This is Megumi Okina in real life.... HOT or WHAT??!? (laughs)But in the end, I'll give the American version a thumbs up for trying. And for having the hot actress =p
No comments:
Post a Comment