Tuesday, March 23, 2010

No. 26 - Rhapsody!!!!

There is something that is on my mind recently that is getting really addictive. It is something that I was somewhat embarrassed about because I never like to admit to the fact I somewhat enjoyed listening to it.

It is a band by the name of Rhapsody. Now, you might think it sounds like some sort of orchestra band or something similar. Well, you are half right.... it is a symphonic power metal band. Yes, it is heavy metal but with a mixture of choirs, string instruments, woodwinds, brass, & percussion. You may think that must be really cool to mix them both right? Well, it isn't exactly what you think it may sound.

The music itself sounds like what I call DnD Metal Music (Dungeons And Dragons). If you really are not sure what I mean...it is exactly what you are thinking when you hear dungeons and dragons.

Medieval Times, Knights, Wizards, Dragons, Kings, Queens, Emeralds, Kingdoms, Sorcery, Dwarfs, Lords, Archers, Crowns, Swords, War, Honor... etc.

The music just reminds you of that, and the lyrics have some of the cheesiest lines ever, even the music videos are exactly what I'm thinking (lame)... but the funny thing about it is, they are very good at it. I've download some of their albums they really take you on a journey through the woods, fight enemies, protecting the castle, in honor for the king and all that stuff... and I really enjoyed it. So yea, I like Symphonic Power Metal. there, I said it! =p

Here's what I mean by DnD Metal and Cheesy lyrics... ehehe




Awesomely Cheesy and lame! HHAHA, it sooo funny and yet I like it alot!

No comments:

Post a Comment